Jonathan is head of consulting at Mk2 Consulting, an independent advisor on payments, identity and fraud prevention. With a background in cybersecurity, telecommunications and embedded systems he can tackle both business and technological issues.
Until 2017 Jonathan was head of strategy and product for payments products at Experian, developing the first “confirmation of payee/payer” service and hte leading Bacs gateway. He has spoken at conferences worldwide, including the Federal Reserve, Sibos, EuroFinance and is a contributing member of the Payment Strategy Forum’s working group on Financial Crime.
What you will hear from Jonathan:
- Regulators have woken up to the threat posed by cyberfraud to financial stability – what does this mean
- What are the key regulations, such as PSD2?
- Is PSD2 going to wipe out fraud on its own?
- What is the UK doing, specifically the Payment Strategy Forum of the Payment Systems Regulator
- What are the key capabilities that businesses, banks and PSPs must acquire?
Jonathan has been helping to draw up the strategy for UK payment systems as part of hte Payment Strategy Forum’s Financial Crime working group.
He also has been involved in the updates to the Bacs Direct Debit scheme rules;
Educating on PSD2 for two years and talking about Open Banking developments for the same time;
Jonathan is plugged into a number of industry initiatives which will, if successful, have a huge impact on fraud in 2018.